Re: M4ro
« Reply #75 on: April 17, 2013, 02:24:39 pm »

Offline SamWise

• *okay-guy*
  • SWC Staff
  • aka McWise
« Reply #76 on: April 17, 2013, 03:12:55 pm »
I'm all for perm banning players but I remember admins saying something about having a hard time catching all of the fake nickers.

Doesn't banning of HWID improve the situation a lot here?
<snejok> waht why i throw falsg?
<snejok> to u
<snejok> ut i going midle
<snejok> for no1 reason

Offline ymmees

• #1 Fapper
  • Retired SCTFL Staff
« Reply #77 on: April 17, 2013, 06:05:24 pm »
I'm all for perm banning players but I remember admins saying something about having a hard time catching all of the fake nickers.

it would only generate huge banlists and people would eventually find their way around them especially nowadays when many households having multiple comps

the problem with permanent banning is that when people get banned they no longer have much to lose so they'll be likely to start looking for ways to go around the bans. unless you're zeager they usually can and will
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 07:00:07 pm by Ymmees »
your world, your kingdom
bleak and dark, yet infinitely hopeful

Offline Blooddrunk

• Steel Therapy ~ Jason Huh
« Reply #78 on: April 17, 2013, 06:56:19 pm »
   As it seems I am the only one who is up to add something factual about this case, since my teammates are bunch of Polaks with whom is funny to play and even talk in a dumb way, because from their point of view is pointless to care about serious things.
   At first, I'd like to apologize myself of playing with hacker if he really did hack. Maro was quite inactive during this season, so it  was way impossible to focus on his gamestyle or even potentional hacking. If I would have known this fact he is suspicious and had some proof I could add, I would have surely done it.
   In connection with SCTFL 21 playoffs, there's nothing I could really add since I wasn't in touch with them.

I'd like to mention I didn't check demos and I even won't since this season is over for me and I do not care about it anymore. Mainly because of that I do not have to.
   Looking forward to wise decision in this case from SCTFL staff side.
Animal • MURDERIT • Fuck Cancer

Offline Vv00t-SN

• KING of SRL
    • soldier's nightmare
« Reply #79 on: April 17, 2013, 07:50:27 pm »

Short answer: yes. I have no idea why any admin staff would say what Control said they said.

Long answer: Yes, especially in the case of a league that runs for weeks, hwid banning (and/or log control) is extremely effective, I would think. Consider a banned player using a fake name to play with some clan. He spends hours, days even, playing for his clan. At some point he's discovered and banned. (This takes a few minutes of admin time, if they know what theyre doing, even less if they have some coder doing a bit of magic). All those playing hours are wasted (and the clan would be penalized so no payoff there either).
I would think the incentive to fake under those circumstances is relatively small.

(The incentive is much larger in gathers, where they don't really lose all that much if discovered. This prompts some idiots to be content with having played even just one match on their new fake auth before being discovered in some cases..)

---

On a different note, I just want to reiterate how deeply disappointing this thread is. Don't get me wrong, it's fantastic that so many of you now agree maro is/was hacking, and I sincerely hope he gets banned for a long time, stripped of the title and shamed forever (etc).
I just wish somebody would've had the balls to speak up (LOUDLY) sooner. Clearly, there was a certain amount of evidence out there for a long time, it just never saw the light of day or got ignored, and people who sent in evidence clearly got discouraged by those they sent the stuff to. For shame. Who knows how many more demos never got sent to any admins. Who knows how soon this guy could have been stopped if we had pooled our evidence from the start. And who knows how many more hackers are out there hiding in plain sight because people are afraid they might "lose their reputation" if they accuse someone (the most pitiful excuse in the world btw). Im not excluding myself from the blame, I too hoped that somebody else would start a thread or make an accusation to sctfl admins in private, sparing me personally from having to play the soldat boogie man once again. Apparently that was a mistake.

However, I also wonder whether the admins who were spectating during all those sctfl playoff matches last season and this season weren't too busy talking utter rubbish on the various livestreams, causing them to drop the ball in terms of the real reason they are supposed to be spectating -- as a makeshift MSAC replacement.
it's good to be the king.

yea. :) btw: Did I understand correctly that ziggi came back after 15 seasons pause now from srl after sn and won right away? thats insane

Offline Control

• Soldat TV
  • SCTFL HACK BUSTER
    • http://www.xoticpc.com/
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2013, 09:13:01 pm »

No. Hackers and fakenickers can change/spoof their HWID with several clicks of their mouse, key strokes, and backspaces making it completely useless.

Not even that... they can just install/uninstall a little Msata drive.

And for IP... well... don't get me started man lol.

On Topic: Ban this clown and remove their cup. Enough said.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 09:32:14 pm by Control »

Offline F4ll Out!

« Reply #81 on: April 18, 2013, 06:36:54 pm »
LOL,  its obvious hacking

Just wondering..

what my fella admins will do , SCTFL 21 No winner?

2nd Place SCTFL 16 SS ~
1st Place SCTFL 22 \\\\F.O.S.T//

Offline Cast

« Reply #82 on: April 18, 2013, 07:31:19 pm »
He's actually been hacking for a VERY VERY long time. I caught him during playoffs back in October.

If he were a real HK user, he would be able to avoid mishaps here + some other f***ed up s*** -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSx5ChqpjM

Also, LOL @ 1:07 scrub.

ok i dont get it , aimbot supposed to help u aim , u record parts where he misses , how does that make sense ? i didnt watch all demo or anything but if people really can get banned for shooting a wall when that is not even directed to a enemy .... i mean if u watch Usso youtube thing , it was so obvious he was hacking since he was aiming right trought the wall on the opponent but M4ro wasnt even aiming at a enemy when he shot on the wall ... really i dont get it . People only see what they wanne see.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 07:38:49 pm by Cast »
SCTFL 22 Winner & Team Captain of IceNine

Offline ymmees

• #1 Fapper
  • Retired SCTFL Staff
« Reply #83 on: April 18, 2013, 07:32:33 pm »
in a perfect world all the hackers would be using the most obvious hacks
your world, your kingdom
bleak and dark, yet infinitely hopeful

Offline Control

• Soldat TV
  • SCTFL HACK BUSTER
« Reply #84 on: April 18, 2013, 09:15:51 pm »
He's actually been hacking for a VERY VERY long time. I caught him during playoffs back in October.

If he were a real HK user, he would be able to avoid mishaps here + some other f***ed up s*** -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBSx5ChqpjM

ok i dont get it , aimbot supposed to help u aim , u record parts where he misses , how does that make sense ? i didnt watch all demo or anything but if people really can get banned for shooting a wall when that is not even directed to a enemy .... i mean if u watch Usso youtube thing , it was so obvious he was hacking since he was aiming right trought the wall on the opponent but M4ro wasnt even aiming at a enemy when he shot on the wall ... really i dont get it . People only see what they wanne see.

No. If you use the aimbot button (scroll), it will lock on target. If you don't continously hold the aimbot button (most of the times it's scroll) the cursor won't follow the enemy. You have to click the aimbot button again for it to go back on target.

That's what that shows.

If he really understood how to aim with the HK, he would be able to keep his cursor on that player. But he can't cause his aimbot doesn't have a brain.

You of all people should know.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:18:19 pm by Control »

Offline mtk

• IQ is overrated
« Reply #85 on: April 18, 2013, 09:31:00 pm »
I'd lock this topic until admins don't release an official statement in this case.
last.fm | steam | twitch
<-, IA\\, bc., Astra|, S9, ~=]LoD[=~, [cH], =QWS=, |4G| and a few more...

Offline Cast

« Reply #86 on: April 18, 2013, 09:32:19 pm »

No. If you use the aimbot button (scroll), it will lock on target. If you don't continously hold the aimbot button (most of the times it's scroll) the cursor won't follow the enemy. You have to click the aimbot button again for it to go back on target.

That's what that shows.

If he really understood how to aim with the HK, he would be able to keep his cursor on that player. But he can't cause his aimbot doesn't have a brain.

You of all people should know.

So what ur saying is when someone miss it means that the aimbot didnt lock ?
Me of all people should know u say ? im pretty sure u know more about it then me , should i even bother saying that my scroll button doesnt even work (since its normally my crouch button and if u watch all my demos (i know u did and sadly u still didnt found anything yet ,  i never crouch since my button stopped work  ) the only thing the movie shows for me is that hes using a way to high sensetivity and thats probly the reason why he misses  like most of the people .
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 09:59:06 pm by Cast »
SCTFL 22 Winner & Team Captain of IceNine

Offline maf

• iwannabefamous
« Reply #87 on: April 18, 2013, 09:49:28 pm »
cast why u even trying to justify yourself in this topic wtf

and stop acting like 'i dont know anything about hacks' coz its just funni

just record ur gameplay in playoffs   O0

Offline Control

• Soldat TV
  • SCTFL HACK BUSTER
« Reply #88 on: April 18, 2013, 10:11:38 pm »
He's not gonna do it and we all know why. Just ignore him maf. He's a joke.

stachu`

« Reply #89 on: April 19, 2013, 12:08:19 am »
Yes cast, your aim ist fucking amazing. Admins should accept this thing to reccord your match with fraps, Dont worry we know you got Pc from steel and internet from diamond so you will dont get lags, I mean FPS lost. Sorry for my english skills, im not using translators
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:10:11 am by stachu` »