Author Topic: NA's Last Hope: The True Underdog Story of 2Chill  (Read 6199 times)

Offline oranj

NA's Last Hope: The True Underdog Story of 2Chill
« on: April 21, 2014, 06:02:21 am »
NA's Last Hope: The True Underdog Story of 2Chill
by oranj

Clan Name: Terminally Chille Neolution eSports Interional
Clan Tag: *
Founded: 2008

Foreward

I'm not sure if our clan is quite up there with the legends such as LP and 2Wai, but our clan has been together for quite some time and winning SCTFL surely gets us some cred. I wanted to write this as a dedication to my based boys and give yall some insight as to how a scrub no-name clan won this SCTFL.

Like every SCTFL that we participate in, our main goal is never to win. All we want to do is game with our buds. I'd wager that's the reason why our clan and the core players have stuck together for so long. If we lose, there's no drama or blaming. We just say fuck it and keep gaming.

2Chill was born out of the NA powerhouse clan "Demolition Crew" by the four "Founding Fathers" undead, Dlt, Control, and oranj, a.k.a "The Big 4". The clan was intended as a home for friends that wanted to game together and have fun doing it.

As a side note, the name "Terminally Chill" comes from Neon Indian's hit of the same name during the chillwave era of 2010: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vWT5ThmQyM. It was decided, that a butthole (*) best represented the clowny atmosphere of the clan.

SCTFL 16

Terminally Chill made their debut in SCTFL 16. Those were the glory days, when they gamed without a care in the world. This was the era of 2Chill when Morik was still spitting acid raps. Before Dlt was a PhD candidate and when Kiro was still a child, not yet burdened to work in his family taquita supporting his poor Mexican family. Shaka and his broken chilean English was still bearable.

They never reached the playoffs, but the highlight of the season was the epic "poontage" of Poop aka Mittal  http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=21662.0 in his rap battle versus Morik, aka "Mo City Don", aka The Nebraska Menace, aka "$$THE$$MONEY$$MARN$$."

SCTFL 17

This season saw the merging of another mid tier NA clan {OC} Orllugo Colombiano with 2Chill, gathering the likes of Keiran, Amida aka "Amid", and cappy aka "cappy_gilmore" aka "conquistador" aka "Deathmore" aka "captain general" aka "cappadona." Of these additions, it would be cappy that would establish himself as one of "The Big 4", replacing Dlt. The SCTFL archives show that oranj had joined |HiHo| this season for unknown reasons. As with the other Big 4 members, oranj would prove to be DC till i fucking die and return like a rat for the cheese.

Season highlight: bitch fight between Cult and F4ll

F4ll: "u are just mad because i kicked u because u sucked thats it plus u are in a clan with bunch of pussies like terminallyill u fucking sucker retarded gl with your clan , its rlly disgusting when someone ask's for sctfl and then pm and they say no because ¿? dont know... dont fight with me u fucking noob  u will finish losing bb"

SCTFL 18

This season was the lowest point in Terminally Chill's history, when Control, fappy and cappy were lured over to Axis by Sam aka Clown aka Gaza aka Monster aka Transit aka dwreality. It is necessary to include Axis in this recount of 2Chill's history as another reminder that all rats come back for the cheese.

With Terminally Chill's star players, Axis briefly enjoyed success in the freeplay season but were quickly crushed in the playoffs by newtype. Cult was able to cap three consecutive times on Control aka "Tito Guandique" aka "AGirlinPajamas" aka "Major" aka "Scrap [Stream]" aka "oO", an event so scarred in Tito's mind that it haunts him to this day.

The legacy left by Axis was their experimentation of the map "X", which became 2Chill's signature map. X embodies the 2Chill way: bum rushing, SCTFL finals defense, and power FFCs.

#neverforget #3straightcaps

SCTFL 19

Cappy quickly established himself as one of 2Chill's best players with solid fundamentals. Combined with undead's deep understanding of the metagame and their mutual love for ball, these two boys from San Antonio took SCTFL19 by storm and earned the nickname "Gruesome Twosome" aka "Gru2."  

This season also saw the debut of Ace aka "Smokin Ace" aka "Trapped in B[Ace]d World" aka "skullpi0n" (R.I.P MH192). Ace revolutionzed the soldat game by using the LAW as his primary weapon and was a solid defensive addition to the clan.

Players such as malbeC., Maukis aka "Andy MiliMaukis" and Roman were also scouted out by cappy. This was a pilot charity project with the aim to hone the skills of prospective South American scrubs from public servers. It soon proved to be extremely successful with 2chill legends such as mipHo, Creed aka "NiPro" among its alumni.

2Chill welcomes players without regard of their past history and also recruited Sunnie aka "Sunnie D" to avoid a sausagefest: http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=29179.0

2Chill's success was short lived in the playoffs when Control pussied out and required Keiran to stand in at the last minute, where they were defeated by impure minds.  

SCTFL 20

A new Big 4 were brought together with the return of oranj to join undead, Control, and cappy. The mysterious Cassper was recruited, a friendly ghost who makes very rare appearances in matches.

SCTFL 21

It was during this season where it was painfully obvious that the NA scene was seriously lacking. The days of Fracs and the NA legends such as R7, DC, war, OC were long gone and 2Chill was North America's Last Hope. Washed up players such as ((KvN)), CrumblyCookie, Grishnak, iNsTa, MB aka "Freeze" aka "poyi72082327" and "maka" were welcomed into the fold.

Snejok aka "Ponyswag" aka "SNEJOFRESH" aka "Maxim" took advantage of the clan's lax recruitment policy and welcomed himself into the clan.

True to their chill nature, the clan participated in SCTFL casually and missed the playoffs.

SCTFL 22

"recruit active people, we also accept merge" http://www.sctfl.net/forums/index.php?topic=42690.0

These were the words that sparked the unity between the infamous Serial Killer Instinct: Terrorists Clan (Sk!t) and Terminally Chill. The clan was re-christened "Terminally Chille" as a nod to their South American counterparts.

Rattlehead aka "Vic R"'s posts on the forums gives us a rare insight into the life of a poor third world chilean:

• Ode to Chile:
    "look my first plane flight, it was so awesome for a poor chilean like me,
    free education for chile!!
    burn the capitalism!!
    burn the church!!
    sea for bolivia!!
    no more represas!!"
  • On IC points: "3rd world bonus"
  • On Breeze and Leprosy: "breasy and leproeasy"
  • On TV: "in chilean TV we have too much dramatic telenovelas, that's why we are dramatic people and we have sentiments. you guys don't have sentiments, freeze people..."
  • On Socioeconomics: "chile = cheaters, fucking undeveloped countries. it's a fault of the capitalism."
  • On penalty points for unconfirmed nicks: "baaaaaaa, only for the nicks?, we dont know this, we come from chile, we are poor people, no education, look my english... please have mercy, we have an earthquake only 1 year ago Sad... i live in a halfwater this day... c'mon guys, we only want to have fun..."

The activity of SCTFL declined to such a point that a casual clan such as 2Chill was able to reach the playoffs, where they exacted their revenge on impure minds. Arrows, however proved to be the better clan and knocked Terminally Chille out in an exciting 5 map series (fuck Kenix's ruger).

SCTFL 23

It was finally time that 2Chill went international. With the Big 4 captaining a time tested North American roster and a promising South American lineup, the time was right to look towards Australia. Stagger, Madow and Gov were tasked with raking in the IC points for the clan, which was again redubbed "Terminally Chille Neolution eSports International."

Kuzko, YoShi, and mipHo were new South American scrubs that cappy discovered in public servers.

Some roster riding boss ass bitch named Colt also joined. Terminally Chill has always gathered the dredges of the North American community, players such as Colt. If you're a washed up soldat player from NA, there's a place for you in 2Chill.

With an inactive undead who had retired to One Shots servers and reinvented himself as based keke in addition to a missing oranj, 2Chill were doomed in the playoffs from the start. They were easily crushed by Petterhuaski and FOST.

SCTFL 24

The year of the snake. To join Terminally Chille Neolution eSports International, you must be ready to be DC till i fucking die. Blood in, blood out. With aspirations to join a clan with an actual chance of succeeding in SCTFL, Gov revealed his true colours as a snake and departed the clan. Ace, unable to endure the verbal abuse from oranj followed suit and marked himself on the snakelist.

As in every SCTFL season, 2Chill was the dark horse of the playoffs. Faced with playing Astra, Soldier's Nightmare, former SCTFL champions LoD, and the undefeated Uplift in the playoffs, its no surprise that everyone favoured 2Chill's opponents (except ricr aka "shazman" aka "Ricrylonten" aka "believer" aka "ricerooney.")

However, with a combination of luck, no Kulas, not preparing for the matches, and Dota 2, Terminally Chille Neolution eSports defeated each opponent and claimed the SCTFL 24 champion title.

The Future

Onwards to Dota 2, but we'll keep playing as long as SCTFL is still alive!

Sorry if I missed anyone in this 2Chill epic, I despise you all. How the fuck did we win this :-\

TERMINALLY CHILL HIGHLIGHTS

FROM THE VAULT, EXTREMELY RARE, COLLECT THEM ALL:
2Chill Frag Video #1

2Chill Frag Video #2

The Roast of Sam

The Roast of Gee

The Gru2

« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 07:14:00 am by oranj »

Offline Control

• Soldat TV
  • SCTFL HACK BUSTER
    • http://www.xoticpc.com/
Re: NA's Last Hope: The True Underdog Story of 2Chill
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2014, 06:15:06 am »
:) Amazing.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:20:30 am by Control »

Offline cappy.

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2014, 07:11:39 am »
9.3/10

Offline toom

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2014, 07:35:31 am »
Rattlehead aka "Vic R"'s posts on the forums gives us a rare insight into the life of a poor third world chilean:

Ode to Chile:
burn the capitalism!!
burn the church!!
sea for bolivia!!
no more represas!!"
On IC points: "3rd world bonus"
On Breeze and Leprosy: "breasy and leproeasy"
On TV: "in chilean TV we have too much dramatic telenovelas, that's why we are dramatic people and we have sentiments. you guys don't have sentiments, freeze people..."
On Socioeconomics: "chile = cheaters, fucking undeveloped countries. it's a fault of the capitalism."
On penalty points for unconfirmed nicks: "baaaaaaa, only for the nicks?, we dont know this, we come from chile, we are poor people, no education, look my english... please have mercy, we have an earthquake only 1 year ago Sad... i live in a halfwater this day... c'mon guys, we only want to have fun..."

lmao, the jokes, btw that axis isn't current axis, it's axis 1.0, were Axis 2.0, incase anyones confused to why we own so much now, get pussy, make it to finals every season and have far better stats then when these hoodlums reigned supreme.

Offline nosejj

• SCTFL Helper
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2014, 01:03:18 pm »
Just...

<Insert last bitter words>

Offline Kryptonite

• Dig Bick Army Gather
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 03:44:53 pm by Kryptonite »
"Do not take him away from idiots, Chester, because it turns itself become.

#soldat.dBa

Offline Control

• Soldat TV
  • SCTFL HACK BUSTER
    • http://www.xoticpc.com/

Offline fosey

« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 11:04:59 am »

Ode to Chile:
burn the capitalism!!
burn the church!!
sea for bolivia!!
no more represas!!"
On IC points: "3rd world bonus"
On Breeze and Leprosy: "breasy and leproeasy"
On TV: "in chilean TV we have too much dramatic telenovelas, that's why we are dramatic people and we have sentiments. you guys don't have sentiments, freeze people..."
On Socioeconomics: "chile = cheaters, fucking undeveloped countries. it's a fault of the capitalism."
On penalty points for unconfirmed nicks: "baaaaaaa, only for the nicks?, we dont know this, we come from chile, we are poor people, no education, look my english... please have mercy, we have an earthquake only 1 year ago Sad... i live in a halfwater this day... c'mon guys, we only want to have fun..."

lmao, the jokes, btw that axis isn't current axis, it's axis 1.0, were Axis 2.0, incase anyones confused to why we own so much now, get pussy, make it to finals every season and have far better stats then when these hoodlums reigned supreme.

With all those retardef frases i can assume your rich right?

Offline RT da darkman

• It's All About Movement! <-
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 08:15:39 pm »
great read! .DC till yall fuckin die :]
SCTFL27, SCTFC5, SCTFC3, SRL15,  TNL-NA

<Ronaldinho> tommy just know that rakky is the best player inthis world if u ever lose with him u just a lame fuck

Offline ymmees

• #1 Fapper
  • Retired SCTFL Staff
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2014, 11:46:48 pm »
this might as well be the most acid crack mushroom topic i've ever seen here
your world, your kingdom
bleak and dark, yet infinitely hopeful

Offline The_Punisher

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 12:01:11 am »
then lock it ymmees