Author Topic: the future of soldat  (Read 10791 times)

Offline Kryptonite

• Dig Bick Army Gather
Re: the future of soldat
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2013, 06:47:53 am »
SOLDAT + STEAM
"Do not take him away from idiots, Chester, because it turns itself become.

#soldat.dBa

Offline Beta

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2013, 02:34:59 pm »
Naming soldat to 1.7 doesn't make any sense.
Besides this was already done with 1.6 from 1.5..

Quote from: B3TA
Name it Soldat 1.7 (because there must be a optical signature of a change)

It doesnt make any sense, if there're no remarkable/optical changes, yep

@b3tA

afaik devs' current approach to soldat is that they want to fix some significant bugs before they advertise soldat and i don't think it's a bad approach. If we advertise a game thats full of annoying bugs it will get bad reviews and have a "piece of shit" stick on it, you have 1 shot to advertise the game and if you blow it you have to spend several years to improve the image of it. They just want to offer a well working product.

as for the improvement suggestions, the first one is obviously retarded and the other ones are in the process of making (or at least being discussed)

I dont get your argument

« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 02:39:36 pm by B3TA »
<Cast> im glad u find something to waste ur time on since playing soldat isnt really ur thing

Offline Raged`

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2013, 04:12:28 am »
well you can put prize money the tournamenst and  it will be okey I think :D:D

Offline RoofTop

• Hi, my names Ricky.
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2013, 01:42:55 pm »
People actually buying their keys. help actually support the game.

SOLDAT + STEAM
Would be nice, a bit more traffic, and new players.

afaik devs' current approach to soldat is that they want to fix some significant bugs before they advertise soldat and i don't think it's a bad approach. If we advertise a game thats full of annoying bugs it will get bad reviews and have a "piece of shit" stick on it, you have 1 shot to advertise the game and if you blow it you have to spend several years to improve the image of it. They just want to offer a well working product.

as for the improvement suggestions, the first one is obviously retarded and the other ones are in the process of making (or at least being discussed)

I dont get your argument

Whats there not to get? If people say, 'oh hey a cool looking game that might run on my piece of shit pc from 1995.' Plays it, and rage quits after 10 minutes of playing with lag and bugs. 90% will see an ad for soldat at a later date and remember that game being complete shit and never want/will play it again.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 01:51:12 pm by RoofTop »

'Eating is the name of the game. Atleast D4sh is doing something right.'
<nosejj> If it bleeds, it's RooFtoppop

Offline Beta

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »
People actually buying their keys. help actually support the game.

SOLDAT + STEAM
Would be nice, a bit more traffic, and new players.

I dont get your argument

Whats there not to get? If people say, 'oh hey a cool looking game that might run on my piece of shit pc from 1995.' Plays it, and rage quits after 10 minutes of playing with lag and bugs. 90% will see an ad for soldat at a later date and remember that game being complete shit and never want/will play it again.
if soldat is already dead, then its a lot harder to make it famous, thats why this 'we let soldat die cos it will be perfect a day' arguing is completely unlogical
<Cast> im glad u find something to waste ur time on since playing soldat isnt really ur thing

Offline RoofTop

• Hi, my names Ricky.
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:30 pm »
Not famous, just more people.

'Eating is the name of the game. Atleast D4sh is doing something right.'
<nosejj> If it bleeds, it's RooFtoppop

Offline Waco

« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2013, 12:50:14 am »
Soldat looks and plays like a 10 year old game, meaning its going to continue to be a niche game in the time of matchmaking, decent anti-cheat, built in voice, account systems, etc. Nothing prevents Soldat from being updated to support this, but it requires a team of dedicated (read: paid) developers to get there, and that's not going to happen.

The gameplay of Soldat will undoubtedly live on though. I'm working off and on on a clone and I'm sure others are. It will be interesting to see if we get another game worthy of being Soldat's successor.
As Gregor Samsa awoke one morning from uneasy dreams he found himself transformed in his bed into a baller.

Offline ricr

• 全然駄目だ
  • SCTFL Staff
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2013, 08:17:06 am »
Waco, you're the best.
Ill have to disagree, players r not scared. No one wants to play a boring match against 3 minimi's  ;) 

Offline Cult

• SCTFL Helper
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2013, 08:37:09 am »
Wham bam thank you ma'am. :D

What happened to that whole donation thing ymmess was talking about?
Using a bidet is like putting a dildo made of water in your ass, that's certified homosexual.

Offline ymmees

• #1 Fapper
  • Retired SCTFL Staff
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2013, 10:29:37 am »
What happened to that whole donation thing ymmess was talking about?

i've been too busy to even begin to try to organize anything, besides people don't like me so i don't think that'd work on my behalf. if anyone else trustworthy is interested in giving it a shot i'd be happy to help from the sidelines
« Last Edit: March 09, 2013, 10:32:21 am by Ymmees »
your world, your kingdom
bleak and dark, yet infinitely hopeful

Offline Control

• Soldat TV
  • SCTFL HACK BUSTER
    • http://www.xoticpc.com/
« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2013, 07:23:28 am »

Offline JustLike

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2013, 11:01:38 pm »
As I can see... B3TA was talking about expanding devteam, and all arguments against him were like "devteam is too small", so yeah, expand the devteam... xD

EDIT: And after I read Kenix's post (and I'm fully agree with almost everything he wrote (ideas given in that post could and should be the guidelines for devteam and not only guidelines, some of them should be implemented)), I can say devteam should definately be expanded... xD
« Last Edit: March 11, 2013, 11:22:07 pm by JustLike »

Offline ginn

• SCTFL Advisor
  • qb or qb´ on quakenet
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2013, 10:28:02 am »
Soldat looks and plays like a 10 year old game, meaning its going to continue to be a niche game in the time of matchmaking, decent anti-cheat, built in voice, account systems, etc. Nothing prevents Soldat from being updated to support this, but it requires a team of dedicated (read: paid) developers to get there, and that's not going to happen.

The gameplay of Soldat will undoubtedly live on though. I'm working off and on on a clone and I'm sure others are. It will be interesting to see if we get another game worthy of being Soldat's successor.
Enesece actually made an account system (and pretty much nothing else), he spent like 2 or 3 years on making it, then scrapped it and got replaced.

Offline Kryptonite

• Dig Bick Army Gather
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »
the future of soldat = tommyj
"Do not take him away from idiots, Chester, because it turns itself become.

#soldat.dBa

Offline ymmees

• #1 Fapper
  • Retired SCTFL Staff
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:17 pm »
the future of soldat = tommyj

now i understand why everyone thinks that soldat is doomed to die in eternal retardation and shitstorms
your world, your kingdom
bleak and dark, yet infinitely hopeful