Author Topic: SCTFL7 — Winner: {B}{H} — Runner-up: X'fect'  (Read 5392 times)

Offline xurich

• Retired SCTFL Staff
  • my legs are amputationed
SCTFL7 — Winner: {B}{H} — Runner-up: X'fect'
« on: September 17, 2007, 12:43:38 am »
BioHazard vs X'Fect'

Date: 2/11/2006

BioHazard - {B}{H} - 309
Marbire - 19 + 37 + 39 + 65 = 155
Fabmanx - 40 + 41 + 32 + 0 = 113
Mancer - 32 + 23 + 46 + 100 = 201
Poop - 0 + 0 + 0 + 88 = 88

X'Fect' - X'fect' - 260
Alakhai - 44 + 15 + 0 + 0 = 59
Mandlc - 27 + 18 + 80 + 39 = 164
Amigo - 19 + 0 + 23 + 41 = 83
Spectral - 0 + 0 + 34 + 56 = 90

Round1 - Laos
{B}{H} 1 - 1 X'fect'
http://se.llsc.us/uploader/files/3/Soldat%20Screenshots/SCTFL7Finals_Round1.jpg

Round2 - B2b
{B}{H} 2 - 0 X'fect'
http://se.llsc.us/uploader/files/3/Soldat%20Screenshots/SCTFL7Finals_Round2.jpg

Round3 - B2b
{B}{H} 3 - 4 X'fect'
http://se.llsc.us/uploader/files/3/Soldat%20Screenshots/SCTFL7Finals_Round3.jpg

Round4 - Ash
{B}{H} 8 - 3 X'fect'
http://se.llsc.us/uploader/files/3/Soldat%20Screenshots/SCTFL7Finals_Round4.jpg

BioHazard Caps: 14
X'Fect' Caps: 8

End Result: BioHazard Wins!

Interviews

With Poop

[Ender] Hi poop, congratulations with your SCTFL victory
[Poop] Hello EnderOL, thanks!
[Ender] How did the finale go?
[Poop] Very good. Very fun game with Xfect.
[Ender] Even match?
[Poop] no doubt.
[Ender] what do you think this tells us about the difference between the european and american scenes?
[Poop] One thing ill tell you is that europeon clans are not used to playing in american servers. While American clans are. I think it would be advantageous for euro clans to play some fcw's in american servers and get the hang of it.
[Ender] You think that server issue had a big effect in the outcome of the tournament?
[Poop] I think it made a decent difference. Just look at all of the NA clans playoff match reports. You will notice euro clans do worst on NA servers than NA clans do on euro servers.
[Ender] And if you just look at the scenes now, how would you compare the north american scene to the european one?
[Poop] Comparing the scene now with the scene 5 months ago, I think NA clans have significantly improved. It used to be HS and PS are the only clans which can beat even the 2nd tier euro clans. Now we have Deth, AV, OC, and BH who can all beat even some of the best euro clans. And ofcourse the funny thing is that those clans I named are practically the entire NA clan scene :P.
[Poop] sorry, I forgot to mention ~hu~.
[Ender] You played the tournement as a player to the finale and now you're gonna try as an admin, do you think there is much need for improvement?
[Poop] Definately. The last 2 seasons have been delayed and both took way too long to finish. There needs to be more organization and better rules. We will make sure that the problem's in sctfl 8 are kept to a minimum.
[Ender] As the winners of the finale your clans gets an excellent 10 player server from our sponsor selfkill, any plans for it yet?
[Poop] Oh yes ofcourse, we will use that to play europeon clans. Thank you Selfkill for sponsoring sctfl.
[Ender] Ok, thanks for the interview.
[Poop] thank you. Bye.

With Amigo

[Ender] Hullo Amigo, i'm sorry you lost the sctfl final
[Amigo] Hiho
[Amigo] Bad, because we had to change servers all the time, and we lost :(
[Spectral] During the first two rounds I was performing duties as a Soldat Gather admin, but in the next two rounds I played. Xfect has been inactive for many weeks now, and we knew that we were not at full strength with several more active members having just left. Due to these circumstances, the result was not completely unexpected.
[Ender] You think that server issues had a big effect in the outcome of the tournament?
[Amigo] Nah, not really.
[Amigo] They just poont us.
[Ender] But in general, the other international matches?
[Amigo] I dont really know, maybe second time, I played against NA clan.
[Ender] And if you just look at the scenes now, how would you compare the north american scene to the european one?
[Amigo] I dont know anything about scene, im just playing cws.
[Ender] You played the tourney to the finales, what is your impression of it?
[Amigo] I did like the matches, I dont care is it tourney match or normal cw.
[Ender] Also this was the first sponsored SCTFL, and if you had won the finals you could have won a nice selfkill server, what do you think of having tournaments with sponsors?
[Amigo] Its a good idea I think
[Ender] Thanks for the interview
[Amigo] Np, going back to WoW

With Spectral from X'fect'

[Spectral] X`fect has been rather inactive for several weeks now, so I was not too optimistic about a championship win. My intuition turns out to have been correct. I cannot be sure about the first two rounds as I was on Gather admin duties, but in those two rounds and the two afterwards which I played in, it seemed as if X`fect was simply overpowered in general. Having lacked clan war excercise as of late, X`fect was not up to par with its solid attacking of the past, and teamwork and communication may have been lacking. The urgency of past finals X`fect has been in seemed not there, as we have taken less interest in Soldat. All of these factors contributed to a finale which showed that X`fect has been as inactive. That's basically how it went down.
[Ender] Even match?
[Spectral] As I said above, it was not as even as it could have been with a rusty X`fect team. In B2b(2) in which I played, X`fect showed signs making it an even match, as in Laos I assume, but in Ash which I also played, lack of good teamwork and strategy resulted in an uneven match despite my disproportionate amount of kills. I imagine the eveness of the first two rounds can be gauged by the scores. Overall, I think the balance was in BH's favor due to their wanting to win more; X`fect lacked the concern as it had in the past.
[Ender]You think that intercontinental server issues had a big effect in the outcome of the tournament?
[Spectral] A big effect? No. The better clan should win despite server issues, and in
this instance I believe it was the case.
[Ender] And if you just look at the scenes, how would you compare the north american scene to the european one?
[Spectral] I can speak without much bias on this one, as I know both scenes well to an extent. The European scene is the more competitive of the two, with more clans, more loyalty, and a broader pool of skilled players to choose from. Naturally, I prefer the European scene.
[Ender] You played the tourney to the finales, what is your impression of it and what do you think should be improved?
[Spectral] My impression is mixed. I cannot complain TOO much, as an outcome was eventually reached and nothing extraordinarily disasterous happened. But I will not hold SCTFL to the standards of past SCTFLs. I will hold it to the standards of high-profile leagues and cups in general. Thus, I must give criticism to the tournament. The format of the league is bound to cause problems, as it must go on for an extended period of time with clans leaving/dying. But perhaps setting harsher deadlines is necessary so it does not drag on too long causing too many replacements. A weekly/biweekly clan match format may be necessary to remedy this situation. The playoff knockout system was fine, simple as it should be.
However the playoff rules were severly lacking in practicality. With four maps and the addition of caps on opponents' maps followed by total map caps if necessary, the rules became too convaluted and favored some maps over others. This caused controversy and arguements which should not have happened, delaying the league even more.

All things considered, my impression of this league is a sucessful failure...or a failed success. Yes, it eventually got to the end, but with a whole lot of problems in between which could have been easily avoided with more astute planning and execution.
[Ender] Also this was the first sponsored SCTFL, and if you had won the finals you could have won a nice selfkill server, what do you think of having tournaments with sponsors?
[Spectral] In this tournament I suppose some clans may have been motivated by the prospect of winning a server, but it didn't make much of a difference. I don't know if a tournament's publicity can me very much improved by a sponser as well, and vice versa.
[Ender] Is your clan gonna participate in the next SCTFL?
[Spectral] X`fect is inactive, I honestly do not know if it will last much longer. So... who knows.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 07:02:53 am by xurich »
(@sneakygb) can arab girls swallow during ramadan?